Halloween is upon us and the kids are excited about getting candy! Here are some safety tips to keep the night fun:
- Make sure your child’s costume is visible at night
- Is the costume weather appropriate
- Have a route in mind, and make sure children understand it
- If you let your child go with others, have a curfew time. Ask them to check in every so often or call if plans change
- Discard candy that has come out of the wrapper or the wrapper is damaged
- Use sidewalks when available if walking
- If sidewalks are not available, walk against traffic
- Drivers – pay attention! Kids can come running out of nowhere
- If having a party, be a responsible host and make sure everyone has a sober driver or has a place to sleep it off.
- Be courteous to your neighbors. Have a sensible cut off time for loud music/guests
- Have a great and safe night!